Monday, May 16, 2011

Recipe Alert! Blueberry Banana Muffins.


I made these muffins this weekend for my finicky and extremely active 2 year old and just had to share. I LOVE North Country Farms muffin mix base- its a quick blend of ingredients we'd all use for a muffin base give or take... and its what I find to be the perfect balance.
I really try to limit the sugar Sofie gets and go as natural as we can with what she eats so there are a few subs in the recipe.

Blueberry Banana Muffins w/ rice milk & honey!
+1 serving of North Country Farms Muffin Mix
Follow their prep directions BUT sub the milk w/ rice milk
+3/4 of Honey (I try to use local since we all have had allergies up here and this apparently tends to help with your immunity to that)
+1 or more cups of blueberries
+1 cup of sliced bananas

If you are using 12 traditional muffin pans cook for 25+ minutes at 375 degrees

Giant Muffin tins 27+ minutes- it's best to just check with a tooth pick from 27 minutes on as each home oven is different.

Enjoy!

XO!


http://ncfarms.net/products.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

VISIT US ON THE WEB:
BAKEBOUTIQUEINC.COM