Sunday, November 18, 2012

Almond Crumble Cookies- Jacques Pepin

Fans!  I know I haven't blogged in quite a while.  The holidays are rolling around and many of you still faithfully follow the page to place orders when I am available.  Many of you made extremely generous donations to our Hurricane Sandy relief cause and this a tiny way to give back.  Over the next few weeks I am going to post person recipes or recipes I really love for all of you cooks & bakers out there!  This isn't so much going to turn into a recipe blog- just something I will do over the holidays and hopefully some of you will enjoy it!

Today I tested out my own version (very slight variations to make the recipe quicker).  For my Greek family and friends- these are a less buttery, almond based type of Kourabiedes

XO danelle


ALMOND CRUMBLE COOKIE By:  Jacques Pepin.

Set aside a cookie sheet (lined w/ a silicon mat or parchment paper)
Pre-Heat Oven 350

1 cup of Almonds
1/2 cup flour
1/2 stick of cool unsalted butter
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar ( for dressing after the cookies are baked )


In a food processor chopped the almonds to fine powder like texture.  In a bowl or stand mixer add your almonds, butter, sugar and flour.  Cream together and the proceed to add the vanilla and water. Cream the cookie dough together until it is well blended and a thicker texture.

Using a traditional tablespoon scoop your batter and roll into a ball in the palms of your preferably clean hands. ;) Place the ball onto a cookie sheet and press down slightly. Proceed with all of your cookie dough.

Bake at 350 for 21 minutes.  After removing from the oven let the cookies partially cool.  While still warm toss each cookie in the bowl of confectioners sugar to coat.

Mum Mum.  Enjoy!!



2 comments:

  1. Jacques used toasted almonds. I bet it makes a huge difference. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the video I saw, he just put all the ingredients except the confectioners sugar into the food processor and blended it all together.

    ReplyDelete

VISIT US ON THE WEB:
BAKEBOUTIQUEINC.COM